June 24, 2019
Over the past couple of years, electric skateboards have taken off like wildfire. They give the same look and function of the old manual board, but with far more power. These are definitely not toys. By adding a motor to the skateboard, people can now travel to work or class without jumping in their car.
Boosted – one of the most popular electric skateboard companies currently in the market – released their Stealth board a couple of years ago. It offers an impressive top speed, a short charge time, and even provides an app where you can track your stats. Take a look.
With a top speed of 24 mph, the Stealth is definitely not a toy. It has a 25% gradient ensuring you can go up most inclines with ease. It also features five different ride modes; you pick the one that corresponds with your skill level. Fully charged, you can travel up to 14 miles.
The Stealth is made of a flexible composite, so the board is responsive. It also includes 85mm wheels, providing the highest roll speed on any Boosted board. As such, not only will you go fast, but the ride will be smooth as well.
It also comes with regenerative braking that slowly charges the battery when you slow down. The normal charge time for the battery is only 1 hour and 45 minutes. This is far less than most of the electric skateboards on the market.
You can even connect your smartphone to the Boosted app to track your mileage and battery status.
About the Wireless Control System
The ergonomic remote for the Stealth skateboard is Bluetooth-enabled, able to control your speed as your ride. By utilizing the trigger and a thumb wheel, you can go forward, back, speed up, slow down, and brake.
There is also a multi-function button near the bottom of the remote, where you can turn it off and on, as well as browse the different speed modes. The ride modes include Beginner, Eco, Expert, Pro, and Hyper. Choose the option that fits your skill level or base it on how fast or slow you feel comfortable at throughout day.
No matter what mode you select, Boosted has implemented what they call a Jerk Filter. This ensures that you aren’t tossed off the board when zooming up the speed levels or reducing your pace.
There is also a series of LED lights indicating the battery level of the board. Whether or not the remote and board are connected, you can easily view the remote’s battery level. Four lights indicate the board is fully charged, three mean it has about half-battery, and two means it’s getting pretty low. The remote can take 1 to 4 hours to charge, depending on your USB capabilities.
Why Pick the Boosted Stealth Electric Skateboard?
At 24 mph, the Stealth is one of the fastest electric skateboards on the market. But its speed is not the only impressive feature. It can take you anywhere you want to go within a 14-mile radius. Whether you’re heading to work, to class, or just to meet up with a couple of friends, the Stealth will make your travel quick and classy, with battery to spare.
Better yet, don’t worry about the steep hills or inclines you may encounter along the way. The Stealth can handle up to a 25% gradient – which is far more than most hills you’ll find in any city.
Speaking of the battery, the Stealth also has one of the shortest charging times at 1 hour and 45 minutes. No need to wait around for your skateboard to be ready to roll.
Whether or not you’re new to electric skateboards, the braking system is always a point of concern. Luckily, Boosted was sure to place a tapered braking system into the Stealth. As such, the board slowly decelerates when you adjust the pace, so you aren’t making hard stops or being jerked around.
While the price is certainly expensive, you get plenty of value for your money.
The Boosted Stealth Electric Skateboard offers you speed, stable braking, a short charge time, and a near perfect gradient incline. What more could you ask for?
- Great on steep hills
- Smooth ride on flat surfaces
- Easy-to-use remote
- Tapered braking
- Relatively short charge time
- Not waterproof
- Expensive price tag
- Cannot change speed modes while riding
- Rattles on most terrain
- Not for uneven terrain
How to Ride the Boosted Stealth Electric Skateboard
So long as you follow these key tips, you will be riding your new electric skateboard in no time.
- Charging: Before you ride the Stealth, first charge the remote and the board. This is done through the USB for the remote, which can be plugged-in directly. The board’s battery pack should be removed from the device and charged separately.
- Turn on remote and board: To turn on the remote, press the multi-function button for two seconds. The remote will light up once it’s fully powered. For the board, press the button on the undercarriage of the skateboard for two seconds.
- Pairing: The remote and board should pair automatically. If they don’t, press the multi-function button of the remote five times and press the on/off button on the undercarriage of the eboard five times. They will then sync together and connect.
- App: To connect the Boosted app to your board/remote, first download it to your smartphone. From there, open the app and follow the series of prompts to sync the board; these should be straightforward. Once you set it up, you can update the board’s software, track your ride, and look at your battery levels.
- Step up: Now it’s time to mount the board. Step onto it and keep your stance wide. Make sure to also keep a low center of gravity, which helps ensure your balance is evenly maintained. Once you are comfortable on the board while it’s still, you can then change the modes and use the throttle.
- Ride modes: Press the multi-function button three times to scroll through the ride modes. You can choose from Beginner (top speed: 11 mph), Eco (top speed: 16 mph), Expert (top speed: 20 mph; 20 percent incline), Pro (22 mph; 25 percent incline), and Hyper (24 mph; 25 percent incline). Remember: while out riding, you must stop the board if you want to change the mode.
- Speed up: Push the ‘engage trigger’ button and then slowly move the throttle wheel forward to increase the speed. Lean forward slightly when you’re accelerating to ensure you stay balanced.
- Braking: To brake, press the ‘engage trigger’ button and slowly move the throttle wheel back. Lean on your back foot slightly when braking, so you aren’t thrown off the board unexpectedly.
4 / 5
Our Final Verdict
4 / 5
The Boosted Stealth Electric Skateboard doesn’t skimp on the features. Not only does it have impressive speed, but it also offers tapered braking, lessening your chances of being jerked forward. Furthermore, it offers five different modes, depending on your skill. Unfortunately, the price – just under $1,600 – reflects the amount of features you can enjoy. If you can swing the price tag, go for it. You won’t regret it. Otherwise, you may want to look into cheaper options.